It’s getting dark earlier so it’s important to clean your headlights regularly. Dirty headlights can reduce your visibility by up to 50%, making it difficult to see the road and other drivers at night. This can increase your risk of an accident.
Here are some of the reasons why it is important to clean your headlights when it’s getting dark earlier:
- Dirt, grime, and pollution can build up on your headlights over time, making them dull and hazy. This can reduce the amount of light that is emitted from your headlights, making it difficult to see at night.
- Foggy headlights can scatter light, making it more difficult to see the road and other drivers. This can be especially dangerous in wet or icy conditions.
- Dirty headlights can make it difficult for other drivers to see your car at night. This can increase your risk of being rear-ended or involved in another type of accident.
To clean your headlights, you can use a mild soap and water solution or a commercial headlight cleaner. Simply apply the cleaner to a microfiber cloth and wipe down the headlights. You may need to rub vigorously to remove any stubborn dirt or grime. Once you have finished cleaning the headlights, rinse them thoroughly with water and dry them with a clean cloth.
It is recommended that you clean your headlights at least once a month, or more often if you drive in dusty or dirty conditions. By cleaning your headlights regularly, you can help to improve your visibility at night and reduce your risk of an accident.
Here are some additional tips for cleaning your headlights:
- Use a soft microfiber cloth to avoid scratching the headlights.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as these can damage the headlights.
- If your headlights are heavily soiled, you may need to use a headlight restoration kit.
- Once you have cleaned your headlights, apply a wax or sealant to help protect them from future dirt and grime buildup.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your headlights clean and bright, which will improve your visibility at night and make your car safer to drive.
Check our post on How to Clean Your Headlights with Baking Soda and Vinegar. Of course, if you’d like the professional treatment give your nearest Sunset North Car Wash a call and our Detailing Specialists will get you set up!